All I can say is wow! This is the most delicious thing I’ve made in a long time. If you need something to make for thanksgiving or just want something filled with tasty fall flavors, add these ingredients to your grocery list this week!
This would be a great recipe for a thanksgiving side or even a tasty fall meal. It holds really well for leftovers and makes a great complete meal if you add an extra protein to it! I just finished eating this as I’m writing it and I can’t wait to have it again.
What you need:
16 oz Brussels sprouts, chopped in quarters
4 large carrots, chopped into 1/2 inch angled slices
1 small red onion, chopped into 1 inch wedges
3/4 c. uncooked quinoa + water needed
Maple Apple Dressing
3 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic power
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped pecans
Apple chicken sausage
Goat cheese or feta
Grilled chicken, marinated in the same dressing recipe
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Chop all vegetables.
3. Whisk dressing ingredients together.
4. Pour dressing over chopped vegetables, reserving about 1/4-1/3 of the dressing for later. Stir to coat vegetables.
5. Spread vegetables across a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes, or to desired texture.
6. Cook quinoa according to package.
7. Stir remaining dressing into cooked quinoa.
8. Mix together roasted vegetables, quinoa, dried cranberries, and pecans.
9. Top with any extra optional add ins you want and enjoy!