This makes the perfect meal or side for your next summer meal. It’s full of flavor and so refreshing. It’s a balanced meal all by itself with fresh veggies, protein and fiber-packed banza rice, olive oil for healthy fat, and full of flavor. You need to try this.
Look at those chopped veggies. All the color makes me so happy!
These + feta are the only other ingredients you need.
This is delicious on its own, but would be amazing with grilled chicken, garbanzo beans, olives, and any extra herbs. It can be made vegan by omitting the feta too. If there’s any ingredient you don’t like you can probably find a substitute for it!
My favorite thing to add to this is Greek grilled chicken to make is a complete and high protein meal, so I highly recommend that combination for extra protein and flavor. By itself, it already had a good amount of protein from the banza rice and feta, but I would add garbanzo beans for an additional plant based protein if meat isn’t your thing.
Greek “Orzo” Banza Salad
What you need:
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 English cucumber, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 package garlic olive oil banza rice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh or pure juice
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
1. Chop all vegetable and add to a bowl.
2. Add feta to bowl and stir to combine
3. Cook and strain Banza rice according to package, but do not add seasoning packet directly to rice.
4. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, Banza garlic seasoning packet.
5. Pour half a dressing over cooked Banza rice and the other half over the vegetables.
6. Allow rice to slightly cool. Then add rice to vegetables and stir to combine.
7. Cool completely in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.