There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter day. And it’s even better when it’s a healthy and filling soup! Each serving has 24 g of protein, but I bet you can’t guess the secret ingredient…
Just kidding, I’ll tell you the secret ingredient. Don’t worry if you don’t like cottage cheese cause you can’t even taste it after using my secret hack in the 2nd step.
This loaded baked potato soup is made with cottage cheese and high protein milk to increase the satiety factor.
I love soup, but it’s not always the most satisfying meal. This soup will actually fill you up and keep you full since its packed with protein and fiber from veggies.
High protein loaded baked potato soup
What you need:
3 large russet potatoes
1/2 of a yellow onion, minced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 cups 2% milk (I used @fairlife for extra protein)
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, measured after whipping
1/4 cup half and half
2 cups chicken bone broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 3/4 cup 2% shredded cheddar
1 cup shredded mozzarella
6 slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Green onions, chopped
What you do:
1. Pierce potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave for 13-15 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool and chop into cubes. Leave the skin on the potatoes for extra fiber!
2. Place cottage cheese in a food processor or blender and whip until smooth.
3. Place a small amount of oil in a large pot. Sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Add milk, half & half, and whipped cottage cheese to the pot and whisk to combine. Add chicken bone broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 8 minutes, whisking frequently, or until slightly thickened. Don’t worry if your soup seems thin, the potatoes with help to thicken it.
5. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir. Stir in cheeses until melted.
6. Add potatoes and bacon crumbles. Reserve some bacon for serving.
7. Serve and top with bacon, green onions, additional cheese and sour cream if desired. Add a salad for extra fiber and nutrients to make a balanced meal!